Anyone who has a basic knowledge about the functioning of any search engine will know what SEO is! For anyone who is new to this subject, search engine optimization simply means creating your website’s content and coding in such a way that it helps you rank higher on search engines especially on Google, as it holds the majority of searches worldwide. It basically tells the search engines what your page is providing and what you want to rank for, providing the consumers relevant and quality content that they are interested in.
There are over 200 factors that Google considers while ranking your website for the appropriate keyword that your content deserves to be ranked for. Well, Google obviously hasn’t listed all of the factors clearly but the factors are believed to exist by the industry trends and practices.
In this article, I will bring SEO Statistics for you to make you understand the importance of organic views for your website and clear your misinterpretations about SEO by the SEO statistics provided below.
Here are the Search Engine Optimization statistics that you need in the year 2020* :
1. As of April 2020, Google holds 91.89% market share of search engines followed by Bing with 2.79%.
So it is clear with the above statistics that you should create content and codes according to the needs of Google to fully optimize your website’s reach.
2. Google uses over 200 ranking factors in their algorithm to rank your website for the specific keyword.
There are domain-specific factors, on-page factors, off-page factors, and various technical SEO factors that lead to where your website falls on Google’s search engine results pages (SERPs) for the different keywords relevant to your industry.
3. Each day there are over 5.6 Billion Searches on Google, which converts to about 2 trillion searches per year.
4. 15% of the queries in the year inputted by users are not anticipated by Google.
In simpler words, Google has nearly 15% new searches that Google has never seen before, hence the scope of new things updating and coming into play constantly.
5. Link Building and high-quality content are two of the most important factors for Google to rank your website on its platform.
So, it is really important that you provide quality content instead of quantity, well stats of SEO says so, along with it, link building is essential too.
6. People prefer articles to know about the company rather than an advertisement.
This SEO statistics show the importance of proper blogging and how SEO will help you achieve that goal.
7. Longer content gets an average of 77.2% more links than short articles.
Hence, an ideal article should be considerably long, along with good quality content to get more backlinks for your website. The average article length that ranks on the top position of Google has 2416 words.
8. 67.6% of all clicks account for the first 5 organic tests in the SERPs
You have to keep up with your SEO game in order to successfully get the attention of your customers as it is important for your keyword to rank on top of the search results.
9. 90.63% of content on the internet doesn’t get any organic traffic at all.
Ahrefs studied over 2 million websites and found out this astonishing data and the reasons for which could’ve been the length or backlinks.
10. Backlinks are one of the Top 3 reasons to rank higher on Google search engine.
Backlinks are still considered as one of the strongest ranking signals in the Search engine ranking algorithm. It has been saying that having more incoming links from high Authority relevant websites will improve the chances of ranking of your top keywords.
After “Penguin 4.0,” Online marketing experts need to pay close attention to their link Profiles because this algorithm automatically cleaned and filtered sites with the low-quality backlink profiles.
11. Nearly 66.31% of pages don’t have a single backlink.
From a study done by Ahrefs of over 1 billion web pages, they found out that 66.31% of pages don’t have even a single backlink, and 26.29% have backlinks from less than 3 websites.
12. Mobile accounts to 53.81%, and desktop accounts 43.27% of the total market share of online traffic.
You have to keep your site optimized for both mobile users and desktop users.
13. 83% of US shoppers used online search before going into a store.
14. The average word count for a voice search result page is 2312 words.
15. It takes 4.6 seconds for an average voice search page result to load.
16. Top 10 of ranking pages are 2+ years old, and #1 are almost 3 years old.
Ahrefs did a study of 2 million random keywords and pulled data of the top 10 ranking pages for each keyword and found this data.
17. Only 0.3% of pages ranked in the Top 10 results of high volume keywords were less than a year old.
Again this is the same stats of Ahrefs as above.
18. 75% of people never scroll past the search engine’s first page.
This SEO stats shows the importance of how much SEO would matter to be on the top page of google if not on the top 3 of the search engine.
19. It is still relevant to have the keyword in your domain name.
Even though it doesn’t give the boost to the SEO like it used to do in the past, keyword in the domain name is still significant for the algorithm of Google.
20. Google can use the bounce rate as a quality tester for ranking.
A study by SEMrush found a correlation between bounce rate and Google rankings, as pages with a high bounce rate probably aren’t a great result for that keyword.
21. 70% of marketers believe that SEO is way more effective than PPC.
A study by Databox shows that marketers believe that SEO has better ROI than PPC and is more effective, this SEO statistic was based on traffic, leads, and sales.
22. 61% of marketers say that improving SEO and increasing their organic presence is their top inbound marketing priority.
As inbound marketing and SEO is getting more successful than anything else, marketers are constantly dedicating their resources to improve their content and optimizing their website. You can check out SEO tools that SEO Experts use in 2020 to improve the SEO of your website.
23. Republishing old blogs with updated content and images can increase traffic up to 106%.
So you should not only keep on writing content for your web pages but also update it from time to time in order to increase its ranking and position on search engines. Know the 5 basic rules of SEO to increase website traffic with me.
24. 62% of Generation Z and Millennial Consumers prefer visual search over the traditional search.
25. Mobile queries of “Best” + “right now” have grown over 125% in 2019.
This data-driven SEO statistics 2020 will help you in understanding how you keep up with the trends and also in the easy decision-making process in terms of content and SEO. While you may already have a set framework for your online business, but there is always room for knowledge. Don’t start working before you are well aware of the SEO statistics, understand the demands, and needs to be the best at whatever you do. I hope you could take away some interesting insights and statistics, which will only make your web pages SEO friendly and also help you focus on more quality than quantity.
*Data in this article may contain stats of previous years.